Suidwes, a leading company with its head office in Leeudoringstad in the North West Province, that have been supplying agricultural-related products and services for 100 years to its farmer customers in the North West, Free State and Northern Cape Province, has the following vacancy:
GENERAL MANAGER: GRAIN
Central Office, Leeudoringstad
In maintaining professional relationships with grain sellers, in order to develop Suidwes Agriculture’s position as leading role-player in the RSA grain market, the successful candidate must be well-versed in:
• Grain business risks
• Derivative instruments on SAFEX
• The cash market in the trading of grain products
• The profitable acquisition and trading of grain with the accompanying administrative functions.
And will also be responsible for:
• Effective trading on behalf of producers on SAFEX through Suidwes Agriculture’s brokerage
• Profitable marketing of all grains produced in the Suidwes area
• Development of innovative grain marketing products and market matters
• Profitable management of the company’s grain handling and storing functions.
The successful candidate must be in possession of proven experience in the trading of grain and must be equipped with the necessary management experience to handle the full scope of the post. A relevant tertiary qualification will be to the candidate’s benefit in this senior post, while a financial background, good interpersonal and leadership skills are essential.
CLOSING DATE: 15 March 2013
SUIDWES IS COMMITTED TO EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.
For more information, contact Deon Badenhorst at (018) 581-1014.